Coconut oil is known for a number of health benefits. The fatty acid rich coconut oil helps in keeping the skin hydrated. It soothes and nourishes the skin and helps in minimizing acne, scarring and blemishes. It supports healthy generation of the skin cells. When applied to the scalp and hair, coconut oil seals moisture in the skin and hair cuticles. It is known to stimulate hair growth and reduces dandruff. Coconut oil is also good for the health of immune system. Its antifungal property helps in diminishing risk of skin infections.
On the other side, Aloe vera too is known for its positive effect on the hair and skin health. It works as a moisturizer and its antioxidant effect slows down skin aging. When taken internally, it helps strengthen immunity and improves digestion.Aloe Vera is a known to contain over 75 nutrients that can benefit your hair. It is also commonly known as medicinal aloe, burn plant or Gheekumari.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
- This oil contains antifungal and anti-bacterial features which are very helpful for different skin conditions such as rashes, eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, and skin irritations.
- It acts as a natural moisturizer and has the ability to slow down skin aging.
- Coconut oil can is beneficial for persons with dry skin as it can efficiently soften the skin.
- Acts as a makeup cleaner.
- Excellent base oil for massage.
- Hydrates the hair as well.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera is a well-known natural remedy for minor burns and sunburns.
- It helps in the removal of stretch mark, scars, age spots and acne.
- Soothes rashes and irritated skin.
- Hydrates and revives the skin.
By combining aloe vera gel and coconut oil you can make a soothing cream for eczema. It helps reduce the itching and pain and moisturizes the dry and flaky patches.
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
2 tablespoons shea butter
1 tablespoon beeswax
Use a double boiler to melt and combine the shea butter, beeswax and coconut oil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the aloe vera gel, avocado oil and vitamin E oil. Mix well and refrigerate the mixture until it starts to solidify. With an electric hand mixer, whip the cream until it becomes light and fluffy. Store the cream in a jar and apply as needed to the eczema patches.
Aloe vera and coconut oil helps soothe the pain and discomfort caused by sunburn. The antioxidant compounds in the mixture helps minimize free radical induced damage following exposure to sunlight.
1 cup coconut oil
¼ cup aloe vera gel
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
Combine all the ingredients and apply generous amount of the mixture to the sunburned area. Reapply as often as needed until the discomfort subsides.
- Extract aloe vera gel from the leaf and add organic coconut oil.
- Stir it well and cook on a low flame for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Massage it gently on the scalp for a few minutes to ensure that the oil has spread.
- Leave on for hour or two, then wash off with water.
- Note: You can use extra virgin olive oil instead of coconut oil.
You can also prepare natural aloe vera oil for dandruff.
- Blend 1 cup of aloe vera with few curry leaves.
- Strain the juice and pour in a pan on medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the aloe vera juice reduces to half of its quantity.
- Now add coconut oil, a few chopped onions and black pepper corns.
- Stir until the onions turn light brown.
- Apply this oil on the scalp and hair by massaging it gently.
- Wash it off the next morning with lukewarm water.
Fights Cellulite :
Are you tired of stretch marks and visible cellulite on your body ? If yes, then you should start massaging your body with a mixture of aloe vera and coconut oil. Not only does it have soothing effect but, coconut oil is rich in vitamins too which helps with fighting cellulite.